Deleting LOG Files in SQL 2000
How to effectively delete Log files in SQL 2000 ?
* Backup DB (just in case something goes wrong)
* Enterprise manager >> DBName [Rightclick] >> Options >> Single User Mode
(If it complains others are using the DB, open Query Analyzer and sp_who and kill those Process ids)
* Enterprise manager >> DBName [Rightclick] >> Detatch Database
* Goto Physical Location (dbname_log.ldf) rename that file
* Enterprise manager (top level) >> Databases >> Attach Database
(specify the MDF name and DB name and owner – sa)
* Make sure DB works now.
* Delete the renamed .ldf file.